Thursday, April 2, 2009

Screw K-Rod! Which Way to Shake Shack?

Being a Mets fan, you can imagine how excited I am for Citi Field to open. Unlike the diehard Shea Stadium fans that constantly pummel me with anti-Citi Field diatribes, I am looking forward to the new ballpark. After weeks of articles describing every nook and cranny of Citi Field and its cuisine, I came across this article investigating the food economics of the park.

Whether or not the Mets will give me another miserable season, I can be happy knowing that the price for a beer will be significantly less. A can of Bud is down from $7.50 to $6, a drop 20%.

Thankfully, there will be more than Bud available. In fact, there will be many beers exclusive to Citi Field. Most notably represented will be Brooklyn Brewery. In addition to the Brooklyn-made Shackmeister beer available at Shake Shack, Garret and his boys have created special brews for Blue Smoke (Blue Smoke’s Original Ale), El Verano Taqueria (Sabroso Ale) and from what I hear there will be a Witbier for the Frites stand.

At least if the Mets blow it again I can drown my sorrows on sight.

1 comment:

Ceetar said...

The beer from Box Frittes is called "Blanche de Queens", and its delicious!

Blanche de Queens